POST-APOCALYPSE NOW: After D. Bethel talks a bit about the California fires (he’s safe albeit drenched in smoke from the Camp Fire––please donate money over supplies to help most during this time of containment and rebuilding), Andrew discusses his hour or so playing Fallout 76.
#IRONSHITES: Richard Meyer and the ComicsGate controversy has been covered many times before on the show, and the latest installment has Richard Meyer aka “Comics & Diversity” putting his money where his mouth is. His 120-page graphic novel, Iron Sights, (written by Meyer, art by Ibai Canales) has been released (it cost $20 for a copy of the book if you contributed to its Indiegogo campaign) was summarily criticized by Twitter user, Jafleece, in a spectacular and validating fashion. The 60+ thread starts here:
I have obtained a copy of Iron Sights, the #Comicsgate joint by Richard C. “Zack” “I was only in Charlottesville to buy a Black Panther Comic” Meyer and Ibai @RiverChannels Canales. I am going to livetweet my thoughts as I go. Pray for me. #20dollarcomic #ironshites 1/? pic.twitter.com/KTWUQkAajo
— Jafleece (@Jafleece) November 10, 2018
Andrew and D. discuss not only what they saw from the thread, but what this says about the claims Meyer and ComicsGate have been levying toward the industry for awhile now.
END BITS: Also, they spend some time at the end to discuss the death of Stan Lee, below is the clip that D. mentioned was his favorite Stan Lee cameo, from this year’s Marvel’s Spider-Man by Insomniac Games.
And, for good measure, the Pokémon: Detective Pikachu tralier:
- Bethel, D. “Sketch Fridays #50 : Stan Lee – 1922-2018.” Long John. –– D. Bethel’s thoughts on the passing of Stan Lee.
- Ennis, Tracy. “Stan Lee used His Soapbox to Preach Tolerance and Fight Bigotry.” Syfy, 12 Nov. 2018.
- Red Cross California Wildfires – How to Help
- Shortcast 49 – The Sweet Beats (30 Mar. 2018): Where Andrew and D. Bethel talk about Fallout 4, also the RELATED EPISODES of the notes contain a comprehensive list of the other times Fallout 4 was discussed on the show.
- Shortcast 55 – Occam’s Complexifier (18 May 2018): Where Andrew and D. first discuss ComicsGate, Meyer, and his kerfuffle with Antarctic Press.
- Shortcast 58 – Quite Easily Done, Shortcast 59 – Lizard Man Fantasies: Back-to-back episodes discussing the announcement of Fallout 76.
- Shortcast 68 – Swinging Gates (31 Aug. 2018): In which ComicsGate is discussed at lenght.
- Episode 158 – Bluster and Impotence (05 Oct. 2018): Where Meyer’s entire saga is discussed.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License