A WEEK IN GEEK: Before things get started, D. talks about becoming mildly internet famous for about a day (the social media accounts of his favorite band, Twisted Sister, shared art he made of each band member). For those wondering, here’s the scene from Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure in which Twisted Sister appears:
INDIE ACCOLADES: Andrew and D. talk about the world of independent creation––mostly games, mostly video games––and how it works in the face of the big corporate franchises discussed for the past few weeks.
WEEKS IN INDIE GAMES: Andrew and D. mention a few indie games that they’ve been enjoying over the last month or so. Andrew discusses his love and frustration with Thomas Happ‘s metaroidvania Axiom Verge and Powerhoof‘s Crawl. D. keeps returning to the existential dread that is noio‘s Kingdom: Classic as well as to the hilarious existential horror of Kitfox Games‘ The Shrouded Isle.
- Knoop, Josh. “Game Developers Speak Up in the Face of Obamacare Repeal.” Waypoint. Vice Media, 19 Jan. 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License