A RITUAL CIRCLE OF ARIAS OF THE NIGHT MOON: Mentioned last week, both Andrew and D. Bethel have put some time into the newest Igavania game––meaning a Metroidvania game specifically made by Koji Igarashi––Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and they are enjoying the presence of both nostalgic throwback and interesting choices that move the genre forward.
- Diaz, Ana. “EA Calls Its Loot Boxes ‘Surprise Mechanics,’ Says They’re Used Ethically.” Polygon. Vox Media, 21 June 2019.
- The amazing Igarashi video where he introduces the graphics overhaul made to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night:
- Part 1 of D. Bethel’s playthrough of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon:
- Shortcast 62 – Not the Episode Title (06 July 2018): Where D. Bethel discussed playing Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.
- Shortcast 67 – Baguettevania (24 August 2018): Where Andrew and D. talk about another Metroidvania, Dead Cells (and Andrew comes up with a convincing definition for “Metroidvania”).
- Episode 159 – Toxic Delivery Mechanism (12 October 2018): Where Andrew discusses Timespinner and its version of slavish devotion to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
- Clip from “Harvester of Sorrow” by Metallica (written by Hetfield/Ulrich) from ..And Justice For All (Elektra Records, 1988).