WEEK IN GEEK: It’s an indie game kind of week as Andrew reports on the Zelda-like shop sim, Moonlighter, by Digital Sun while D. Bethel starts a conversation about everybody’s current favorite rogue-like platformer (kind of a Metroidvania, kind of not; definitely not a “roguevania”), Dead Cells, by Motion Twin.
- Episode 27 – Super Sleep Mode: Where Andrew first discussed Rogue Legacy.
- Episode 53 – With Space Hands, Episode 54 – Noun the Adjective, and Shortcast 10 – Roll for Dark Meat: Chronicling D. Bethel’s time with Rogue Legacy.
- Shortcast 62 – Not the Episode Title: Where D. Bethel discusses his first impressions of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, another game pulling influence from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (though it’s actually much more a pastiche on Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse).
- Buy the Dead Cells soundtrack directly from the composer, Yoann Laulan, via Bandcamp
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License