WEEK IN GEEK: Andrew plays Ultima (a.k.a. Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness) in the hopes of reverse engineering it so he can build his own browser game while D. Bethel is genuinely surprised by the depth and charm of Sabotage Studio’s action/platformer/exploration game, The Messenger.
- Andrew’s in-development capstone browser game.
- Voyager Dragon’s Ultima Upgrade Website.
- Klepek, Patrick. “I Had No Idea It Was Possible to Hate the Mid-Game Twist in The Messenger.” Vice Games. Vice Media, 25 Sep. 2018.
- SPOILER ALERT––a nice look at how the game changes midway through. Read at your own caution.
- Shortcast 67 – Baguettevania (24 Aug. 2018): Where the metroidvania rogue-like game, Dead Cells, was discussed.
- Episode 159 – Toxic Delivery Mechansim (12 Oct. 2018): Where Andrew discusses the metroidvania, Timespinners, which very much wears its devotion to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, on its sleeve.
- Plants Having Sex (19 April 2019): Where Andrew first stepped into the open world mysteries of No Man’s Sky.
- Good Gamefeel (28 June 2019): Where D. and Andrew spend the episode talking about the metroidvania glory of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/