THE DELONGATED MAN: Actor Hartley Sawyer has been fired from his role as Ralph Dibney––the civilian name for The Elongated Man––after racist and misogynist tweets he made years ago once again resurfaced. Andrew and D. Bethel discuss accountability in the world of social media and the permanence of internet publishing.
WotC RESHUFFLES: Magic: The Gathering publisher, Wizards of the Coast (WotC) announces it will be retiring old cards with clear racist imagery and implications from circulation.
- Preorder Dan’s new Long John book at NewLongJohnBook.com!
- “Introducing the New Warriors.” Marvel. 17 March 2020.
- Johnston, Rich. “Tee Franklin Calls out Stephen Amell––and Gets a Tweet Back.” Bleeding Cool. 08 June 2020.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb. “Flash‘s Hartley Sawyer Fired for Racist, Misogynistic Tweets That Left Showrunner ‘Mad as Hell’.” TVLine. TV Line Media, 08 June 2020.
- Nafpliotis, Nick. “Actually, There’s A Lot Marvel Can Do About Cops Using The Punisher’s Logo.” AIPTComics. 10 June 2020.
- Parrish, Ash. “Wizards of the Coast Bans 7 Racist Magic: The Gathering Cards.” Kotaku. G/O Media, 10 June 2020.
- “A Casualty of the Rhyme” (22 May 2020): Where Andrew and D. Bethel––guided by resident DC expert, Taylor Katcher––talk about the news of Ruby Rose leaving Batwoman after the first season.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “Deuces” by Kevin MacLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)