PEOPLE ARE STILL TERRIBLE: The last few weeks have been heavy with news of important people in the various nerd industries––video games, tabletop, comics, etc.––getting called out as sexual predators who, for years, were protected by the companies they worked for. Andrew and D. Bethel don’t dive into specific cases as much as why these people’s predatory behavior had been “open secrets” for years and hadn’t suffered for it.
Schrodinger’s Coulson: To end on more fun news, Andrew and D. Bethel discuss the first few episodes of the new, final season of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, which has the crew hopping through different time periods.
- Carpenter, Nicole. “Former employees accuse Cards Against Humanity of a Racist and Sexist Office Culture.” Polygon. Vox Media, 23 June 2020.
- Dean, Paul. “Catan at 25: Checking in on a Once-Revolutionary Board Game.” Vice. 11 June 2020.
- Gault, Matthew. “A Wave of Sexual Harassment Accusations Is Sweeping the Games Industry.” Vice. 23 June 2020.
- Pulliam-Moore, Charles. “Warren Ellis and Charles Brownstein Face Public Reckonings for Alleged Sexually Predatory Behavior.” Gizmodo. G/O Media, 23 June 2020.
- “Episode 145 – Corrected Reality” (01 September 2017): Where Andrew and D. Bethel try to answer the question: are there too many conventions?
- “Pong 2020” (07 June 2019): Where our hosts discuss a controversial interview with Chris Avellone and his strange stance on politics in game narratives.
- “Starting by Starting” (03 January 2020): Where D. Bethel talks about his time with the Lovecraftian revisionist video game, The Sinking City.
- “The Badger Abides” (07 February 2020): Where Andrew and D. Bethel talk about revising Lovecraft for a modern context, focusing specifically around the recently released tabletop RPG, Fate of Cthulhu.
- “Elbow Five” (06 March 2020): Where D. Bethel talks with Andrew about the future of conventions in the face of the coronavirus.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)