CAUGHT IN THE WAKE: Without any behind the scenes scheming, our hosts simultaneously began playing Alan Wake Remastered this week and are charmed––and frustrated––by how engaging and innovative this thirteen year old survival horror game continues to be. This week, they share their thoughts on the opening hours of the game while reflecting on the legacy of the game and its developer, Remedy Entertainment.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE: Lionsgate announced that it is moving forward with its Highlander reboot with Henry Cavill attached to star. D. Bethel is skeptical for dumb reasons and Andrew has a valid argument about the superiority of the tv show over the movie series.
(00:00) Intro – What day is it?
(01:13) Playing Alan Wake
(33:15) Outro – The Weekly Highlander Minute!
- Wiseman, Andreas. “Lionsgate Moving Forward With Henry Cavill & Chad Stahelski ‘Highlander’ Reboot As Action-Fantasy Pic Heads To AFM To Enliven A Strike-Hit Market.” Deadline, Penske Media Corporation, 27 October 2023.
- “Greek It Up” (19 May 2017): Where our hosts cover the delisting of Alan Wake due to the loss of its music rights.
- “Maymory” (3 June 2022): Where D. Bethel talks about his experience reading the novelization of the original Highlander film in the outro for the episode in what ended up being his “Summer of Highlander”.
- “Magic Gas” (22 July 2022): Where D. Bethel continues his “Summer of Highlander” adventure by reading A Kind of Magic, an incredibly researched history of the creation of the original film.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Mastodon, D. Bethel – Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/