Drinking From a Firehose
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
SDCC 2022: San Diego Comic Con actually happened this year after a long period of COVID-based dormancy, and it returned with a fury, dropping all kinds of news and sneak peeks and trailers…of comic book movies and tv more than anything else. Our hosts dissect the announcements that interested them the most.
- (00:00) Intro
- (04:29) Quick overview of Marvel Studio’s Phase 5 plans
- (05:28) She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer & Daredevil’s return
- (12:59) The teaser trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever asks more questions than it answers––as can be expected from a teaser trailer.
- (19:45) Star Trek: Picard announcements & character posters.
- (22:47) Star Trek: Strange New Worlds & Star Trek: Lower Decks announcements and…crossover?
- (27:17) DC announcements? Not so much, aside from a trailer for Shazam: Fury of the Gods.
- (28:06) The Dungeons & Dragons movie gets a trailer and a controversial poster.
- (38:43) Outro – RIP David Warner
- (42:48) Outtakes
- “We Don’t Know $#!&” (29 May 2014): In our first episode, our hosts discuss some controversy surrounding comments made by David Goyer about She-Hulk.
- “Magic Beer” (23 January 2015): Where, when discussing the David E. Kelley’s legal comedy-drama, Boston Legal, our hosts mention how he would be the perfect person to bring a She-Hulk show to life (audio is quoted from this episode).
- “Multiverse Averse” (20 May 2022): Where our hosts discuss their excitement after seeing the first trailer for Disney+’s She Hulk: Attorney at Law.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- “Be Prepared” by Tim Rice & Elton John, performed by Jeremy Irons