WEEK IN GEEK: Andrew (starts at 1:38) hesitantly re-approaches (though actually, basically for the first time) Star Trek: Enterprise, while D. Bethel (16:13) has fun sacrificing folks in Kitfox Games’ The Shrouded Isle.
LUDIC CROSS-POLLINATION: (27:34) Gen Con, the long-running tabletop-focused convention, rolls out this weekend and leading up to it were a few announcements about new board games in an attempt to ride that wave of publicity. One of them is a brand new adventure board game based on the Fallout video game franchise. Lots of things like tv shows and movies are licensed for use within board games, but the kind of translation that can occur when adapting a game from one medium into a game in another proved a fascinating topic of conversation this week.
- Episode 26 – “The Effect of Randomosity” – Where Andrew and D. discuss Asmodée’s acquisition/merger with Fantasy Flight Games.
- Episode 94 – “The Garbleflangers” – Where D. and Andrew talk about this cross-medium translation, but in the other direction.
- Fantasy Flight’s announcement of their upcoming Fallout board game.
- Allbright, Dann. “9 Awesome Board Games Based on Video Games.” MakeUseOf.com, 22 Jan. 2016.
- Roberts, David. “The Best Video Game-Themed Board Games You Can Buy.” Games Radar. Future plc, 03 Mar. 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Stayin’ in Black” by Wax Audio
-“Get Aboard” by Daryl Neil Alexander Griffith (from the soundtrack to Valiant Hearts)