LOST IN ZEBES: With a lot of internet chatter focusing on the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda‘s 1986 release, it made D. Bethel upset because another major Nintendo franchise was also released that year that nobody––much less Nintendo itself––seems that interested in celebrating, the weird, wonderful Metroid. D. Bethel talks with Andrew to see why this game and the series it spawned never gained the legs and legacy of Nintendo’s bigger franchises.
- The very strange commercial for The Legend of Zelda that Andrew mentioned:
- “Episode 138 – An Accident of Role-Play” (16 June 2017): One of many episodes where our hosts discuss the horrors of GamerGate.
- “Episode 158 – Bluster and Impotence” (05 October 2018): One of many episodes where our hosts discuss the horrors of ComicsGate.
- “Auteur Manager” (12 February 2021): Where our hosts talk about the benefits and dangers of auteur culture.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/