THE FORCE IS…EXPENSIVE?: With the hotly anticipated Star Wars: Battlefront II released recently, with it came a lot of controversy. It stands at the apex of a recent trend toward big-budget titles adopting monetizing tactics more commonly found in free-to-play mobile games, this time in the form of blind boxes aka loot boxes. Andrew and D. dive into this controversy and try to find the middle ground.
- Brightman, James. “Loot Boxes Are Not Bad Game Design, Says Devs.” GamesIndustry.Biz. 20 Nov. 2017.
- Kamper, Soeren. “It Will Take 4,528 Hours of Gameplay (or $2100) to Unlock All Base-Game Content In Star Wars: Battlefront II.” Star Wars Gaming. 14 Nov. 2017.
- Klepek, Patrick. “‘It Feels Wrong’: Why a Popular Clicker Game Sequel’s Ditching Free-to-Play.” Waypoint. 20 Nov. 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this Shortcast.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: Andrew – @ProfoundDark, D. Bethel – @DBethel
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Thunder Busters” by Wax Audio