#CAPITALISM: With Disney taking ownership of the 4th of May, Andrew and D. Bethel talk about the role of ownership in public discourse for a bit.
MUNDANE FANTASY: Looking at where the world is now, and with the meteoric landing of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, D. Bethel and Andrew wonder––why do we love playing games about working…and love them?
- Lee, Giacomo. “Is Inktober in Peril?” DigitalArts. IDG Communications, 20 Dec. 2019.
- Robertson, Adi. “Disney Isn’t Trying to Steal Your Star Wars Tweets.” The Verge. Vox Media, 28 Apr. 2020.
- Episode 116 – “Craftcraft” (02 Dec. 2016): Where D. Bethel and Andrew talk about the rise of crafting in video games.
- Shortcast 21 – “Love the Stank” (30 Dec. 2016): Where Andrew talked about Stardew Valley for the first time.
- Episode 122 – “It’s a Fake” (03 Feb. 2017): Where Andrew talks about doing mundane tasks in space in the game, Starbound.
- “We Still Don’t KNow $#!&” (31 May 2019): Where D. Bethel and Andrew discussed the proliferation of “RPG elements” throughout all video gaming genres.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.