WEEK IN GEEK: Andrew finds zen in the indie hit, Starbound, while D. Bethel finds zen watching the Syfy procedural, Haven.
DANCING WITH THE DEVIL: For a variety of reasons, Andrew had Dan watch an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine of some renown, from season 6, in which Benjamin Sisko struggle with making huge decisions throughout “In the Pale Moonlight.” In parts a war story and a character study, it is an episode that showcases not only the narrative depths DS9 hit but also how we can use television and movies and other narratives as talking points for what we’re dealing with in the world around us.
UNPLUGGED BUT UNBOWED: The Penny Arcade webcomic/nerd moguls announced a new convention to add to their already impressive PAX roster: PAX Unplugged, a tabletop-focused exposition to be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in November. Dan and Andrew discuss the implications of this announcement.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
- Handlen, Zack. “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: ‘In the Pale Moonlight.” A.V. Club, 19 Dec. 2013, http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/in-the-pale-moonlight-106610. Accessed 2 Feb. 2017.
- Machkovech, Sam. “PAX Unplugged: Just boards, cards, minis, and dice, coming in November.” Ars Technica, 27 Jan. 2017, https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/pax-unplugged-just-boards-cards-minis-and-dice-coming-in-november. Accessed 2 Feb. 2017.
-“Stayin’ in Black” by Wax Audio
-“Theme (From ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’)” by Dennis McCarthy (as performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra)
-“Layla” by Eric Clapton
-“Law & Order Theme” by Mike Post (as performed by The Hollywood Prime Time Orchestra)