TWO MAN’S SKY: With No Man’s Sky Beyond––the newest big 2.0 patch for the open world, sci-fi survival game, No Man’s Sky––it kind of brings to a close the long, arduous, but ultimately heartwarming story of this unique game by the small team at Hello Games. Andrew and D. Bethel talk about the years-long journey of this game.
“I’M NOT LISTENING”: Amid the stories about the varoius #[Insert Noun]Gates and #MeToo stories circulating through nerd culture, one of the bigger cases in the last year revolved around voice actor, Vic Mignogna, known for work in many anime, especially the Dragon Ball franchise. When allegations were made about his misconduct in the workplace, he started suing people and companies when they started dropping him from their employ. In the last few weeks––in an almost comical fashion––a few of Mignogna’s cases were dismissed, casting his defense and seriousness about this fight in doubt despite crowdfunding nearly $250,000 to pay for his legal fees. Resident nerd lawyer, Andrew, talks Dan through this bizarre moment.
- Clark, Justin. “No Man’s Sky Beyond Review –– All the Stars.” Gamespot. CBS Interactive, 10 Sept. 2019.
- Grigsby, Sharon. “In Anime’s #MeToo Moment, Vic Mignogna a No-Show at Tarrant County Hearing and His Case is Mostly An Unholy Mess.” The Dallas Morning News. 06 Sep. 2019.
- Episode 78 – It’s Not Crude, It’s Savage (08 January 2016): Where Andrew and D. Bethel have the subtitled vs. dubbed debate.
- Episode 158 – Bluster and Impotence (05 October 2018): Where Andrew dusted off his Nerd Law gear to talk about the lawsuit between ComicsGater, Richard Meyer, and Mark Waid.
- Plants Having Sex (19 April 2019): Where Andrew first stepped into the open world mysteries of No Man’s Sky.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.