NOTRE-DAME THE TORPEDOES: We open this week talking about the tragic fire at the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris, focusing on how its rebuilding efforts may be aided by the diligent work of Ubisoft (and the work they put into making Assassin’s Creed: Unity.
For context of the jokes Andrew and D. Bethel make at the end of this segment:
THIS SHOULDN’T WORK: Andrew and D. Bethel talk about a tv show they’ve been mildly reticent to discuss because they can’t believe it’s actually good: Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville––an unabashed Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation pastiche that is actually becoming some of the best Star Trek available.
HELL, BOY YOU BETTER STOP: D. Bethel gives a quick look at the newest Hellboy cinematic entry; spoiler: it needs some work.RELEVANT EPISODES:
- Gach, Ethan. “Ubisoft Pledges More Than $500,000 to the Notre-Dame Cathedral Restoration Effort.” Kotaku. Gizmodo Media Group, 17 Apr. 2019.
- Rogers, Adam. “Wrinkles in Spacetime: The Warped Astrophysics of Interstellar.” Wired. Condé Nast, Oct. 2014.
- The Quasimodo Notre-Dame tribute drawing by Cristina Correa Freile:
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.