WEEK IN GEEK: Both Andrew and Dan saw Wonder Woman this week and decided to bring in a third voice to discuss the movie, Mary Traverse (from our friendly rivals, The Nerdhole), and they go pretty deep into this excellent, excellent movie.
THE GREAT WAR: Noting the novel decision to set Wonder Woman during World War I, Dan and Andrew discuss that war’s place in popular culture.
- Cauterucci, Christina. “I Wish Wonder Woman Were As Feminist As It Thinks It Is.” Slate. The Slate Group, 02 June 2017.
- McIntosh, Jonathan. “Born Sexy Yesterday.” YouTube, uploaded by Pop Culture Detective, 27 April 2017.
- Schilling, Vincent. “Eugene Brave Rock Speaks Blackfoot to Wonder Woman in DC’s Best Film Ever.” Indian Country Today. Indian Country Today Media Network, 04 June 2017.
- Lepore, Jill. The Secret History of Wonder Woman. Vintage, 2014.
- Polo, Susana. “The Story Behind Wonder Woman’s Best Moment: The Ice Cream Scene.” Polygon. Vox Media, 1 June 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Stayin’ in Black” by Wax Audio
-“Is She With You? (Wonder Woman Theme)” by Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL (from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
-“En Avant La Musique” by Manuel Dante Mathieu Faivre, Miguel Vladimir Saboga, and Yvo Abadi (from Valiant Hearts: The Great War)
-“Wonder Woman Theme Song” performed by the Ron Hicklin Singers (written by Charles Fox and Norman Gimble)