MISTER, I’LL MAKE AN EPIC OUT OF YOU: Andrew and D. Bethel briefly touch upon the interesting and promising live-action adaptation of the animated Disney classic, Mulan, even though this seems to be making considerable changes from the animated source material (seemingly to be more in-line with the folkloric source material).
Here’s the Twitter thread that Andrew mentioned, starting here with this tweet by Jenn Ravenna:
OBLIVIOUS OBSIDIAN: After Chris Avellone’s controversial interview where he makes argument about political content in video games, a former coworker of his at Obsidian––Leonard Boyarski––steps into the trap when discussing the politics of the upcoming Obsidian RPG, The Outer Worlds, in an interview with PC Gamer. Andrew and Dan try to parse the differences with Avellone’s comments and why this is such an issue (still).
REMAKE REDUX: Andrew briefly discusses his short but pleasant time with the recently released Resident Evil 2 remake.
- Chalk, Andy. “The Outer Worlds Co-Director Says It Will Be Political, But Not ‘Politically Charged.’” PC Gamer. Future US, 04 July 2019.
- Massey, Jake. “Terry Crews ‘Auditions’ For King Triton Role in Brilliant Video.” LADbible. LADbible Group Limited, 11 July 2019.
- Orland, Kyle. “Mordhau Developer Denies It Was Planning a ‘Toggle’ For Diversity.” Ars Technica. Condé Nast, 02 July 2019. Updated 03 July 2019.
- The tweet about Stranger Things mentioned in the episode:
- Episode 21 – Standing in Landscapes (17 October 2014): Audio from this episode is used in this episode when discussing Mulan.
- Episode 130 – Form a Constant Voltron (14 April 2017): Where Andrew discusses the Beauty and the Beast live-action remake.
- Pong 2020 (07 June 2019): Where the Chris Avellone controversy is discussed.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.