BATTLETECHNICALITIES: When the new Battletech game decided to include gender-neutral pronouns in its character generation, some corners of the internet got very angry, prompting everything from complaints on Reddit to a negative review campaign on Steam. D. Bethel and Andrew talk about this trend against inclusion in gaming and how this loud minority could be quieted.
As mentioned in the episode, watch Waypoint’s Austin Walker and Rob Zacny go in-depth with the character customization in Battletech:
- Episode 91 – Trying to Keep Sharp: In which Andrew and D. discuss the inclusion of (and the ignorant backlash to) a trans character in an expansion.
- Peter & the Wolf/Carnival of Animals – Part II by Wendy Carlos and “Weird Al” Yankovic
- D. Bethel gets interviewed by the Capeless Crusaders for Free Comic Book Day:
- Klepek, Patrick. “The They/Them Option in ‘Battletech’ Is About So Much More Than Choice.” Waypoint. VICE Media, 02 May 2018.
- “We Live For Mechs and Their Beautiful Violence.” Waypoint Radio from Waypoint, 27 Apr. 2018.
- “Waypoint Plays: Battletech.” YouTube, uploaded by Waypoint, 22 Apr. 2018.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License