COVID-INDUCED ANIME: There was no episode last week because D. Bethel got sick with the new strain of COVID. Though his symptoms were mild, the biggest side effect was probably the most troubling: he watched anime. Specifically, he watched the 12 episode series, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (available on Hulu Plus) and realized that mechs are cool.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: A very strange news story happened in the comics world this month when Fables creator and writer Bill Willingham announced that, due to the frustrating relationship that had developed with DC Comics over how they were handling his creator-owned property, that he put Fables into the public domain. Our hosts discuss what exactly that means, how it works, and if it’s even possible.
- Jusino, Teresa. “Is Fables Actually in the Public Domain? And Can We Save It From Bill Willingham’s Iffy Politics?” The Mary Sue, 28 September 2023.
- Willingham, Bill. “Willingham Sends Fables Into the Public Domain.” These Foolish Games, Substack, 14 September 2023.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Mastodon, D. Bethel – Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/