NEWS CRUISE: This week, our hosts dive into a variety of news of the shocking, weird, and downright questionable.
- (00:00) Intro – Old Man Talk: Allergies
- (02:43) News Cruise: Monte Cook Games’ Announcement
- (10:50) Nintendo uses sentencing of a hacker to make a statement.
- (16:33) Upcoming Predator prequel, Prey, will be available with a Comanche language audio track.
- (22:12) Confusion and deception (maybe?) from Blue Box Game Studios
- (31:06) Outro – Netflix’s Sandman and the danger of trailers.
- (33:14) Outtakes
- Andrew’s short series of tweets about the Monte Cook Games announcement:
- The teaser trailer for the Predator prequel, Prey (the full trailer has since been released and made the connection much more explicit):
- Asplund, Andrew. “Legal Issues in Gaming: The Open Game License.” Tales from the Gamer Viceroy, 19 December 2012.
- Asplund, Andrew. “Week in Geek: Fantasy AGE RPG.” A Website [ , ] For All Intents and Purposes, 25 August 2016.
- Colangelo, BJ. “Prey Will Give Viewers the Option to Watch the Film in Comanche Language.” SlashFilm, Static Media, 07 June 2022.
- Phillips, Tom. “Jail Term for Nintendo Pirate Gary Bowser was “Unique Opportunity” to Set Example, Court Documents Reveal.” Eurogamer, Gamer Network Limited, 07 June 2022.
- Ryan, Charles. “Announcing the Cypher System Open License.” Monte Cook Games, 06 June 2022.
- Schilling, Vincent. “Navajo-Dubbed Finding Nemo and Star Wars: A New Hope Now on Disney+.” Indian Country Today, The Arena Group, 12 February 2021.
- Winslow, Jeremy. “OMG, PS5 Horror Game Abandoned is Mired in Controversy Yet Again.” Kotaku, G/O Media, 07 June 2022.
- “In a World” (20 March 2015): Where Andrew discusses a bit about Open Game Licenses.
- “Drive Your Gorilla” (25 June 2021): Where our hosts first talk about controversy––or at least the mystery––surrounding Blue Box Game Studios.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- “Del Rio Bravo” by Kevin McLeod