A BAD IDEA AGAIN: More than a decade after Konami cancelled its controversial tactical military first-person shooter, Six Days in Fallujah, the game seems to have been revived by Highwire Games who have taken to the media asserting that they want to tell––with their tactical military FPS––a nuanced, thoughtful, and impactful story of the incident. This news caused D. Bethel and Andrew to wonder if certain stories are simply better suited for certain genres of games?
- Hall, Charlie. “Six Days in Fallujah ‘Not Trying to Make a Political Commentary,’ Creator Says.” Polygon. Vox Media, 15 February 2021.
- Machkovech, Sam. “An Anniversary for Great Justice: Remembering ‘All Your Base’ 20 Years Later.” Ars Technica. Wired Media Group, 16 February 2021.
- Clancy Brown’s interview with Michael Rosenbaum on his YouTube channel, “Inside Of You,” talking about the creation of Highlander:
- “Episode 75 – A Sad Game About Nuclear Disarmament” (11 December 2015): Where Andrew and D. Bethel talk about the politics and the implementation thereof in video games.
- “Shortcast 28 – Linguistic Bravado” (11 August 2017): Where Andrew discusses playing the management sim spin on fighting games in Lazy Bear Games’ Punch Club.
- “A Veritable Odyssey” (12 July 2019): Where D. Bethel and Andrew discuss the comments made by video game writer, Chris Avellone, about politics in games.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)