NOT FAR FROM HOME: It was announced that Sony and Disney/Marvel had once again struck a deal that will keep Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, much to the joy of fans and to the benefit of both companies’ bank accounts. Having discussed the initial breakup back when it happened in August, Andrew and D. Bethel have a surprisingly heated discussion of this generally happy news.
THE STRANGEST HANDSHAKE: British tabletop company, Games Workshop, announced that it will be licensing one of its beloved properties––Warhammer 40,000––to American comic book giant, Marvel Comics, to make a line of comic books. This is interesting because both of Games Workshop’s original Warhammer line and especially its Warhammer 40,000 line have deep lore and continuities that has our hosts wondering how well it will translate to a comic book series.
- Asplund, Andrew. “News Blast: The Parting of the (Warhammer) Ways.” A Website [ , ] For All Intents and Purposes. 12 Sept. 2016.
- “Games Workshop and Marvel Comics Team-Up!” Warhammer Community. 30 Sept. 2019.
- Jirak, Jamie. “New Spider-Man Deal Includes One More MCU Appearance.” Comic Book.com. CBS Interactive, 28 Sept. 2019.
- Siegel, Tatiana. “Tom Holland’s Last-Minute Appeal Helped Seal a Spider-Man Deal.” The Hollywood Reporter. 02 Oct. 2019.
- Wikipedia‘s entry on “Grotesque” and, specifically, its use in art, to clarify what Dan meant when talking about Warhammer 40,000 and Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham aesthetic.
- Ghost Highway (23 August 2019): Where Andrew and D. Bethel talk about the great Sony-Marvel contract dissolution of 2019.
- New Dangers (20 September 2019): Where, briefly, D. Bethel and Andrew display their light wrestling knowledge in the light of AEW’s strange storyline built around a jock heel wrestler insults his opponent for liking Dungeons & Dragons.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.