THE NAME OF THE GAME: The first trailer for the upcoming live-action cinematic adaptation of Sonic the Hedgehog has––as can be expected––drawn a lot of conversation and criticism…including on your favorite nerdy-geeky podcast. Andrew and D. Bethel have a lot to say about the trailer and, in a larger scope, movie adaptations of video games and what works and what doesn’t. But first, the trailer:
What do you think? Let us know in the comments!
- Ben Schwartz’s––Sonic’s voice actor––bizarre interview with Larry King:
- Rosenberg, Adam. “The Internet is Obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog’s Muscular, Sculpted Sex Legs.” Mashable. 10 Dec. 2018.
- Gravity Falls‘ creator, Alex Hirsch, and his Twitter thread response to the Sonic trailer:
- D. Bethel’s Free Comic Book Day video:
- Episode 19 – In It to Win It (03 Oct. 2014): Where Andrew relays his pitch for the Tetris movie.
- Episode 72 – Murphy, the Pilot of Piqued (13 Nov. 2015): Where Andrew and D. Bethel first discussed the nature of adaptations of video games into movies.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)