WEEK IN GEEK: This week, it’s a dive into the Fall tv shows that both our hosts were excited to see as Andrew watches the first episode of Alton Brown’s Good Eats: Reloaded while D. Bethel reacts to the first three episodes of the second season of The Gifted.
GAMES WORKERS UNITE: In the wake of massive layoffs by developers like Telltale Games and Riot Games, The Vulture published an article under the auspice of being a “behind the scenes” look at Red Dead Redemption 2‘s development at Rockstar Games. The article sparked a lot of controversy, specifically around the (walked back) claim of the team working 100-hour weeks multiple times during 2018 to make sure this game is top of the line in terms of quality. These incidents bring again a highlight to the labor practices of game development, through which D. and Andrew try to wade.
- Episode 55 – Ga-Don’t-Ken: Where Andrew first discusses Alton Brown’s Good Eats.
- Episode 128 – His Curry Name: Where Andrew reminisces about seeing the Alton Brown live show, Eat Your Science.
- Episode 147 – Whatever We Bring, We Bring It: Where D. discusses the first season premiere of Fox’s The Gifted.
- Shortcast 40 – Shortcast Your Mom: Where D. Bethel gives his impressions after the first season finale of The Gifted.
- Shortcast 70 – Mr. Moustache: Where Andrew and D. discuss their hopes for upcoming fall tv.
- “Alterna Comics Publisher Issues Statement About Social Media Policy.” Comic Book Resources. CBR, 11 Sep. 2018.
- Batchelor, James. “Rockstar has been ‘working 100-hour weeks’ on Red Dead Redemption 2.” GamesIndustry.Biz. Gamer Network, 15 Oct. 2018.
- Cross, Katherine. “What Will Be Left of the People Who Make Our Games?” Polygon. Vox Media, 17 Oct. 2018.
- Game Workers Unite!
- Goldberg, Harold. “How the West was Digitized: The Making of Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2.” Vulture. New York Media, LLC, 14 Oct. 2018.
- Klepek, Patrick. “The Industry Won’t Change if Reporters Let the Powerful Off the Hook.” Waypoint. Vice Media, 15 Oct. 2018.
- Matadeen, Renaldo. “Creator Claims He Was ‘Forced Off’ Alterna Book Over Block Chain Ban.” Comic Book Resources. CBR, 02 Sep. 2018.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License