STRIKE WHILE THE IRON’S HOT: After almost an entire year on strike, SAG-AFTRA and the studios it named in its grievance have come to a tentative deal, thusly ending the video game voice actors’ strike. But what was agreed to? What does this mean for the future of voice actors and game development going forward? Andrew and D. Bethel talk it out.
RELATED EPISODES & LINKS:
- Episode 112 – “God King Teddy Roosevelt” – in which D. Bethel and Andrew discuss the breaking voice actors’ strike.
- Worth A Look #11 – Where D. Bethel links to an article from Vice’s Waypoint that breaks down the voice actors’ strike.
Despite saying “We don’t talk about that” when referencing Konami’s upcoming Metal Gear Survive, that game has been discussed on numerous occasions:
- Bethel, Dan. “News Blast: Metal Gear Survive.” This discusses the announcement trailer from Gamescom 2016.
- Episode 105 – “Conditional Evil”: When both D. and Andrew discuss that reveal trailer (starts at 25:36)
- Episode 107 – “Spock’s Screams”: When D. talks about watching the gameplay footage released from the game (starts at 22:03).
- “SAG-AFTRA Reaches Tentative Agreement to End Video Game Strike.” SAGAFTRA.org, 25 September 2017.
- Sarkar, Samit. “Voice Actors, Video Game Makers Reach Tentative Agreement.” Polygon. Vox Media, 25 September 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page and follow both D. Bethel and Andrew on Twitter.
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Thunder Busters” by Wax Audio