A NEW BAT IN THE BELFRY: With Ruby Rose’s sudden departure as the lead in CW’s Batwoman after the conclusion of its first season, the studio had a lot of interesting choices to make. This week, it was announced that Javicia Leslie would be taking over as the lead––not as Kate Kane, but as a brand new, original character, Ryan Wilder. Andrew & D. Bethel discuss the casting, legacy characters, and how a show can survive––and thrive––even when their lead actor has been replaced.
- Joel, William. “The Far Side Returns After 25 Years, and It’s All Digital.” The Verge. Vox Media, 08 July 2020.
- Schedeen, Jesse. “Batwoman: The CW Casts Javicia Leslie as New Series Lead for Season 2.” IGN. 08 July 2020.
- “Episode 77 – That’s Not a Euphemism” (01 January 2016): Where D. Bethel and Andrew share their thoughts about Star Wars – Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
- “Episode 107 – Spock’s Screams” (23 September 2016): Where Andrew and D. Bethel last discussed the concept of legacy characters in comics.
- “A Casualty of the Rhyme” (22 May 2020): Where D. Bethel and Andrew––along with friend of the show, Taylor Katcher––cover the news of Ruby Rose leaving her lead role in Batwoman after the first season.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/