Shortcast 48 – My Smokey Timbre
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
RECYCLE, REDUCE, REUSE: This week, Andrew and D. discuss revisions that happen to works after they are released. From the canon-bending Star Wars re-releases from the late 1990s to the archival efforts of the Mega Man Legacy Collection, works are “preserved” in some form or another, but attention could (and should) be paid to the reasons for such preservation and re-release: is it in the interest of the creator? Of the owner? Of the audience? While they don’t generate any answers, our hosts certainly probe the topic for its diversity of impetus, goals, and cultural impact. Well, they do decide that pop culture needs some sort of library, but that’s about it.
- Episode 12 – Our Best Work: The last time Dinosaucers was mentioned.
- Episode 80 – Alien Control Party: Where D. and Andrew discuss the attempts made (in their myriad forms) to archive video games.
- Episode 98 – Less-Impressive-Than-You-Expected No. 7: Where D. talks about the Mega Man Legacy Collection.
- Dinosaucers. ‘Nuff said.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – email@example.com, D. Bethel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License