Shortcast 51 – Disco Buttons
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
READY PLAYER NOONE: Steven Spielberg said recently that movies made by internet-first companies like Netflix “deserve an Emmy, not an Oscar.” Where is the line between tv and film anymore? Is the line even there? Andrew and D. Bethel talk about the malleability of the filmic medium, be it cinema or television.
- Episode 16 – Of Underwear Models & Wayward Sons: Where D. and Andrew talk about the rise of serialized television and its relationship with the more traditional episodic format.
- Hart, Hugh. “Christopher Nolan Fights to Keep Film Alive.” DGA Quarterly. DGA, 2015.
- Nyren, Erin. “Steven Spielberg Doesn’t Think Netflix Movies Deserve Oscars.” Variety. Variety Media, 25 Mar. 2018.
- Because, for some reason, D. Bethel mentioned the three-season Ferris Bueller pastiche, Parker Lewis Can’t Lose:
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“District Four” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
-“Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod (incompetech.com)*
*Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License