KOTICK TOCK TIME’S UP: This week, after a scathing report, employees of Activision/Blizzard walked out calling for the expulsion of the company’s CEO, Bobby Kotick. Our hosts examine the situation and how it symptomizes larger aspects of video game culture.
- Grind, Kirsten, Ben Fritz, and Sarah E. Needleman. “Activision CEO Bobby Kotick Knew for Years About Sexual-Misconduct Allegations at Videogame Giant.” Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones & Company, 16 November 2021.
- Jackson, Gita. “Workers Walk Out As Board, Company Stand Behind Activision Blizzard CEO Accused of Covering Up Sexual Abuse.” Waypoint, Vice Media, 16 November 2021.
- Ashley Oh’s tweet about the cosmic horror of the Taco Bell gong sound:
- Plunkett, Luke. “Let’s Meet the Activision Board Members Supporting Besieged Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.” Kotaku, G/O Media, 17 November 2021.
- Pulliam-Moore, Charles. “Comic Book Workers United Wants a Seat at the Table.” Gizmodo, G/O Media, 08 Nov. 2021.
- Schreier, Jason. “Playstation CEO Criticize Activision’s Response to Misconduct and Harassment Allegations.” Fortune, 17 November 2021.
- “Less-Impressive-Than-Expected No. 7” (01 July 2017): Where our hosts discuss the “interesting” game from a creator of Mega Man, Mighty No. 9.
- “Sword Club” (30 July 2021): Where Andrew and D. Bethel talked about Activision Blizzard being investigated by the state of California.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Find Taylor on Twitter and Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)