CAN YOU SDCC ME NOW?: Though San Diego Comic Con is ostensibly about comic books, the biggest announcements that seem to come out of the show revolve around cinematic and televised properties. Andrew and D. Bethel focus on the announcements that not only ignited their excitement but also triggered their critical processes, from the Cats trailer to the next big DC/CW “Arrowverse” crossover event to the new Star Trek show to Marvel’s Phase 4 lineup.
- Here’s the Star Trek: The Next Generation/X-Men crossover that Dan was thinking of, Planet X by Michael Jan Friedman:
- Coggan, Devan. “Here Are All [sic] Marvel’s Upcoming Phase 4 Movies and TV Shows.” Entertainment Weekly. Meredith Corporation, 22 July 2019.
- Libbey, Dirk. “Mahershala Ali Pitched the Blade MCU Movie to Marvel, Kevin Feige Reveals.” Cinema Blend. Gateway Blend Entertainment, 22 July 2019.
- Ziezulewicz, Geoff. “The Navy’s Probe into Sky Penis.” Navy Times. Sightline Media Group, 13 May 2019.
- Episode 08 – “The Injection Objection” (17 July 2014): In a short-lived section called “Andrew Objects,” Andrew lays out why making Jane Foster the new Thor is not a bad idea.
- Episode 10 – “Nerd Business” (31 July 2014): In his “Boasts of Bethel” segment, D. Bethel recounts his own SDCC experiences and ponders what SDCC really is about for the fans that attend.
- Episode 30 – “Batting 100” (19 Dec. 2014): Where Andrew talks about the John Scalza novel, Redshirts.
- Shortcast 08 – “The Other First Thing” (17 July 2015): Where, upon examining that year’s SDCC, Andrew and D. discuss what this convention has become against the purpose and goals it was founded upon.
- Episode 141 – “The Unpop Culture” (28 July 2017): Where D. Bethel and Andrew recap some of the most interesting (to them) trailers that premiered during that year’s Comic Con.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.