WEEK IN GEEK: Andrew watched the live action remake of the Disney animated feature, Beauty and the Beast and D. Bethel discusses his experience at this year’s Sacramento Indie Arcade Expo.
REGRESSIVE RESURRXION: First, the comic book news cycle went nuts because the first post-Inhumans vs. X-Men book was released, X-Men Gold, which was then subsumed by the fact that people seemed to like it, which was then subsumed by the likelihood that X-Men Gold artist, Ardian Syaf, may have placed possibly intolerant symbology in not-so-hidden places throughout the book. Then it turned out that he definitely did that. It has been a roller coaster of news and insight into Indonesian politics (where Syaf resides) that has been mostly very sad and upsetting for X-Men fans.
*Extra Bit: Marius Thienenkamp of Comicsverse wrote a thoughtful analysis and retrospective of this entire affair.
THE TWO MASTERS: On the threshold of the debut of Doctor Who‘s Series 10, it was revealed that actor John Simm would be returning to the show in his former role as The Master, the longtime foe of the show’s titular hero. Last seen at David Tennant’s departure from the lead role, he returns during the tenure of his successor, Michelle Gomez as Missy. What this means for the episode(s) in which they appear together (the last one or two of the season), we can’t yet say, but both Dan and Andrew are pretty excited about it.
- “John Simm to Return as the Master in Doctor Who.” Doctor Who Blog. BBC, 06 Apr. 2017.
- Johnston, Rich. “Marvel Artist Ardian Syaf Hid Anti-Christian and Jewish Messages in This Week’s X-Men Comic.” Bleeding Cool. 8 Apr. 2017.
- Melrose, Kevin. “X-Men Gold Artist Addresses Controversy.” ComicBookResources. 9 Apr. 2017. (NOTE: Syaf’s Facebook post has been removed. A Bleeding Cool article has preserved its contents, however)
- Wilson, G. Willow. “Here is What Quran 5:51 Actually Says.” GWillowWilson.com. 9 Apr. 2017.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net
- Join our Facebook page
- E-mail: Andrew – firstname.lastname@example.org, D. Bethel – email@example.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
For all intents and purposes, that was an episode recap.
-“Stayin’ in Black” by Wax Audio