CONSOLE WARS II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS: Things got shaken up in the world of video games––maybe––as Google announced its streaming-forward gaming platform––maybe––called Stadia while Apple announced its gaming-focused subscription platform––maybe––called Apple Arcade. Andrew and D. Bethel discuss the merits of these announcements and how they either apply, predict, or completely misread the gaming landscape.
- Episode 16 – Of Underwear Models & Wayward Sons: When D. Bethel and Andrew first talked about the hit CW show, Supernatural.
- Episode 27 – Super Sleep Mode: D. Bethel talks about starting to read Blake J. Harris’ Console Wars––a book he’s still reading in 2019.
- Plants Having Sex (05 April 2019): When Andrew and D. had a kind-of-fight about news coverage of games.
- McWhertor, Michael. “Google Stadia is the New Streaming Gaming Platform from Google.” Polygon. Vox Media, 19 Mar. 2019.
- Marks, Tom. “Valve Admits Artifact Has ‘Deep-Rooted Issues,’ Commits to Fixing It.” IGN. Ziff Davis, 29 Mar. 2019.
- Walton, Mark. “The Fabled SNES-Playstation Prototype Has Been Turned On and Disassembled.” Ars Technica. Condé Nast, 09 Nov. 2015.
- Warren, Tom. “Apple Arcade is a New Game Subscription Service for iOS, Mac, and Apple TV.” The Verge. Vox Media, 25 Mar. 2019.
- Webster, Andrew. “Apple Arcade has Game Developers Excited, But Quetsions Remain.” The Verge. Vox Media, 26 Mar. 2019.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/