STANDING WITH UKRAINE: Our hosts take a minute to discuss the invasion of Ukraine by Russia.
REVIEWING REVIEWS: The release of FromSoftware’s newest game, Elden Ring, has many people talking about reviews due to the fact that many outlets rated the game 10/10 (or whatever metric they use) while the reviewers openly admit that they didn’t finish the game (this was due to FromSoftware releasing review codes to websites really late). This lead D. Bethel and Andrew to consider what the role of a review is––heck, what even is a review when the gamut runs from professional reviews to user-written Amazon reviews.
- Diaz, Ana. “The Sinking City Is Back on Steam, but Its Developer Says Not to Buy That Version.” Polyon, Vox Media, 26 February 2021.
- “Gabe Juice.” Giant Bomb, Red Ventures, 01 March 2022.
- Henley, Stacy. “Here Are Ukrainian Video Game Studios You Can Support Right Now.” The Gamer, 25 February 2022.
- The first (of five) parts of D. Bethel playing FromSoftware’s Bloodbourne on the “Dan & Rusty Video Game Power Hour”:
- “Starting By Starting” (03 January 2020): Where D. Bethel discusses his time playing Frogwares’ The Sinking City.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)