WEEK IN GEEK: After avoiding the microphones for a week due to disaster-level weather, our hosts return with their Weeks in Geek. Andrew watched Cobra Kai, season 5, and finds it makes a bad movie good. D. Bethel watched people play videogames over on the Nextlander YouTube channel, where they work their way through the incredibly dated, but also incredibly daring point-and-click adventure game, The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery (aka Gabriel Knight 2).
- “Premature Clapulation” (19 June 2014): Where our hosts talk about the history, legacy, and current state (as of 2014) of point-and-click adventure games.
- “The Tainted Lens” (28 April 2017): Where D. Bethel discusses his favorite point-and-click adventure game, LucasArts’ Full Throttle, after it was remastered as Full Throttle Remastered.
- “Chekhov’s Honk” (22 January 2021): Where our hosts talk about the first three Karate Kid movies.
- “Too Many Johnnies” (05 February 2021): Where our hosts have a big talk about the Cobra Kai series.
- Moss, Richard. “A Truly Graphic Adventure: the 25-Year Rise and Fall of a Beloved Genre.” Ars Technica, Condé Nast, 26 January 2011.
- The trailer for the modern FMV game––one that leans into the absurdity of the genre––Contradiction: Spot the Liar! by Baggy Cat:
- The first part of Nextlander’s playthrough of The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery (aka Gabriel Knight 2):
- The original FMV intro to Resident Evil for the Playstation:
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)