Con Artists #08 – The Madness of Marketing
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s been over a year since D. Bethel sat down with Taurus Comics’ Kyrun Silva to talk about reading, making, and selling comics. Since both hosts recently released new books, they spend some time to focus on what is probably (for some) the least fun part of the comics creation process: marketing.
- Find Kyrun’s work through Taurus Comics at:
- D. Bethel’s webcomic, Long John.
- Con Artists #01 – StocktonCon, pt. 1 : The drive home from the first day of the show. Kyrun and D. discuss making sales, confidence, and the comics they grew up reading and enjoying.
- Con Artists #02 – StocktonCon, pt. 2 : The drive to StocktonCon to start Day 2 of the show. They discuss the importance of continuity, the level of fan engagement and ownership over continuity, and Dan’s strange reading habits growing up.
- Con Artists #03 – StocktonCon, pt. 3 : Where Kyrun and D. talk about the breadth of indie comics, writing comics, and dive headfirst into personal nostalgia.
- Con Artists #04 – StocktonCon Winter 2019: Where D. Bethel and Kyrun try out StocktonCon’s inaugural Winter show…with mixed results.
- Con Artists #05 – No Con 2020: Where Kyrun and D. Bethel address being an independent comic creator in a world without conventions.
- Con Artists #06 – Tickets & Tables: Where D. Bethel & Kyrun continue to ponder life without incomes and how the industry has tried to fill that void.
- Con Artists #07 – Return of the Con: Where D. Bethel & Kyrun hit the con circuit after over a year away from it.