WONDER WOMAN TO THE MAX: It was announced, in an unprecedented move by a streaming service, to release Wonder Woman 1984 on Christmas Day to both theaters and HBO Max subscribers simultaneously. Unlike Disney+ with Mulan, Wonder Woman 1984 will be available to all HBO Max subscribers at no additional cost for a month. Andrew and D. Bethel discuss this move and how it relates to how Disney has been doing business, as well as what it means for movie in the future.
- Alexander, Julia. “Wonder Woman 1984 Will Be Released on HBO Max the Same Day It’s in Theaters for No Extra Cost.” The Verge. Vox Media, 18 Nov. 2020.
- D’Alesandro, Anthony. “Wonder Woman 1984 Going in Theaters & HBO Max on Christmas Day, Unprecedented for a Superhero Tentpole.” Deadline. Penske Business Media, 18 Nov. 2020.
- Ravindran, Manori. “Cineworld to Close Regal Cinemas, U.K. Venues in Response to No Time to Die Delay.” Variety. Variety Media, 3 Oct. 2020.
- “Episode 137 – Atomic Karate” (09 June 2017): Where D. Bethel and Andrew talk with fellow nerd podcaster, Mary Traverse, about Wonder Woman.
- “News Cruise” (07 Aug. 2020): Where Andrew and D. Bethel discuss the news of Mulan costing Disney+ subscribers $29.99.
- “News Bruise” (11 Sept. 2020): Where D. Bethel and Andrew talk about the odd political discourse around the release of Disney’s live action adaptation of Mulan.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/