DEVIANT ART: There’s a lot of talk around AI-generated art lately, and with questions about copyright, ownership, sourcing, credit, and applicability, our hosts do their best to parse this very new and nebulous topic.
- (00:00) Intro – It’s September!
- (02:25) The problem (and possibility?) of A.I. Art
- (35:56) Outro – Short She-Hulk: Attorney At Law impressions
- (37:30) Outtakes
- Gault, Matthew. “An AI-Generated Artwork Won First Place at a State Fair Fine Arts Competition, and Artists are Pissed.” Vice, Vice Media, 31 August 2022.
- McKean, Dave. Prompt, 2022.
- Plunkett, Luke. “AI Creating ‘Art’ Is An Ethical Nightmare.” Kotaku, G/O Media, 25 August 2022.
- Recker, Jane. “U.S. Copyright Office Rules A.I. Art Can’t Be Copyrighted.” Smithsonian Magazine, 24 March 2022.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)