WEEK IN GEEK: Andrew finds the retro-JRPG stylings of Square Enix’s Octopath Traveler engaging and fun while D. Bethel gets challenged making the new pages from his webcomic, Long John, into short videos for Instagram, forcing him to look at his own work in new ways.
- Brown, Fraser. “Monster Boy Developer Announces DuckTales Quackshots (Update: It’s an April Fool).” PC GAMER. Future US, 01 April 2020.
- ComicLab – A podcast hosted by professional webcomickers Brad Guigar (cartoonist of Evil Inc. and editor of Webcomics.com) and Dave Kellett (cartoonist of Sheldon and Drive and co-director of the comic strip documentary, Stripped) where they talk about “making comics and making a living from comics.”
- Here’s the videos Dan has been making of his comic on his YouTube channel:
- Episode 128 – “His Curry Name” (31 March 2017): Where Andrew discussed playing the indie game about being an oil baron, Turmoil.
- Shortcast 33 – “National Character Counts” (20 October 2017): Where D. Bethel discusses playing the JRPG-styled Battle Chasers by Airship Syndicate, based on the comic book series by Joe Madureira.
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to and review the show on the iTunes store or on Spotify.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)