Podcast: Play in new window | Download
DOCTOR DISNEY: In a surprise announcement that went out after the airing of “The Power of the Doctor,” it was announced that Disney+ will be the exclusive streaming home of Doctor Who going forward, releasing to the service day and date of airing.
A FAMILY AFFAIR: Jodie Whittaker’s era as The Doctor in Doctor Who comes to a close with the 90-minute special, “The Power of the Doctor”, which also brought to a close the run of the controversial showrunner, Chris Chibnall. In an excited conversation, Andrew and D. Bethel discuss the expected and the surprising of this momentous episode of one of their favorite shows. Be warned that there are SPOILERS for the special in this conversation.
COMPANY’S COMIN’: Our hosts spend a brief moment to discuss the passing of Leslie Jordan, an actor whose work they are mostly familiar with during his quirky guest-starring role in the early ’00s legal dramedy, Boston Legal.
- “Smash Talks” (14 December 2018): Where our hosts reflect and analyze Jodie Whittaker’s premiere series as The Doctor.
- “Halloween Still” (01 October 2021): Where our hosts discuss the announcement of Russell T Davies’ return as showrunner to Doctor Who in 2023.
- “Almond Molina” (10 December 2021): Where our hosts discuss the final “full” (mini-)series with Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor, Doctor Who: Flux.
- Shapiro, Ari, and Mia Venkat. “On Company’s Comin’, Leslie Jordan and Gospel Greats Sing for Joy.” NPR, 02 August 2021.
- “Doctor Who Returns 2023…” teaser for the upcoming 2023 Doctor Who specials. SPOILERS for “The Power of the Doctor.”
- Visit our website at forallintents.net and leave your thoughts as comments on the page for this episode.
- Join our Facebook page
- Social: Andrew – Twitter & Instagram, D. Bethel – Twitter & Instagram
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- “Disco Medusae” by Kevin McLeod
- “District Four” by Kevin McLeod
- Tracks are licensed under Creative Commons BY Attribution 4.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/